Scroll to View Events
Sun, Aug 28
• Ijams Nature Center will showcase live music
Ijams Nature Center will showcase live music on the lawn from 5 to 9 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 28 with Left Foot Dave and the Magic Hats. Food and beverages will be available for sale. Cost is $5. No coolers and pets. For more information, call 865-577-4717.
Mon, Aug 29
• Auditions are open for Pellissippi State Community College’s upcoming production of “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson”
• Auditions are open for Pellissippi State Community College’s upcoming production of “Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson” and will take place from 6:30 to 10 p.m., Monday, Aug. 29, and Tuesday, Aug. 30. In Clayton Performing Arts Center on the college’s Hardin Valley campus, 10915 Hardin Valley Road. Auditions are open to the community and will be held for 13 roles, all within 20- to 30-year-old age range, all ethnicities and genders. Performance dates are Oct. 28 through Oct. 30 and Nov. 4 through Nov. 6. Rehearsals will be held in the evenings. For more information, visit pstcc.edu/arts or call 865-694-6400.
Thu, Sep 1
• The Authors Guild of Tennessee will hold its monthly meeting
The Authors Guild of Tennessee will hold its monthly meeting at 11 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 1, at the Faith Lutheran Church in Farragut. Published authors are invited to attend. For more information, visit, authorsguildoftn.org/
Fri, Sep 2
• Farragut Arts Council invites local artists
• Farragut Arts Council invites local artists to join Farragut Artist Directory by submitting their information to the town of Farragut. Deadline to be included is Friday, Sept. 2. For more information, call Lauren Cox, 865-218-3372, or visit townoffarragut.org/artsandculture/
Sat, Sep 3
Historic Ramsey House will host a Gathering of Ancient Sounds
Historic Ramsey House will host a Gathering of Ancient Sounds: Celtic and Appalachian Rhythms with gates opening at 9 a.m., Sept. 3. Cost is $10 for members or $15 for non-members. For more information, call Judy LaRose, 865-546-0745.
Thu, Sep 8
• Sample the fare of the 15th annual Taste of Blount
• Sample the fare of the 15th annual Taste of Blount from 6 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept 8, at the Theater in the Park in Maryville. Tickets are $25 for Blount County Chamber members, $30 for the public and $15 for students 17 and under or those with a college or student ID. For more information, call 865-983-2241 or visit blountchamber.com.
Sat, Sep 10
• The Pinnacle at Turkey Creek will host the 4th Annual Taste of Turkey Creek & Tailgate
• The Pinnacle at Turkey Creek will host the 4th Annual Taste of Turkey Creek & Tailgate, benefiting Pat Summitt Foundation and presented by The University of Tennessee Medical Center, from 6 to 9 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 10, in Pinnacle Shopping Center in Turkey Creek. Attendees will sample cuisine from nearly two dozen Turkey Creek restaurants, which include Abuelo’s, Bonefish Grill, Fleming’s, Cru Bistro & Wine Bar and Seasons Innovative Bar & Grill. There will be live stream of the Battle at Bristol college game. Tickets are available for purchase at pinnacleatturkeycreek.com/events.html.
Thu, Sep 15
• Gatlinburg is kicking off fall with the 19th Annual Taste of Autumn 2016
• Gatlinburg is kicking off fall with the 19th Annual Taste of Autumn 2016: A Night Full of Food and Comedy, which will take place from 5 to 8 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 15, at Gatlinburg Convention Center, 234 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg. The event features food from area restaurants and stand-up comedy from Henry Cho, a Knoxville comedian. Tickets are $25 and proceeds from the event benefit United Way of Sevier County. Children under age 5 will be admitted free. A reserved table for party of 10 is available for $300, and a corporate VIP package for a party of 10 is available for $500. Tickets may be purchased at Gatlinburg Chamber of Commerce office at 811 East Parkway, at either of the two Gatlinburg Welcome Centers or from United Way of Sevier County office or online at Gatlinburg.com/Events.
Mon, Sep 19
• Master Gardener Marsha Lehman and Sandra Lee
Master Gardener Marsha Lehman and Sandra Lee will hold a free class on “Vermiculture: Worm Composting,” from 1 to 2 p.m., Monday, Sept. 19, at Davis Family YMCA, 12133 S. Northshore Dr. For more information, call Janice Wangwer, 865-456-1066.
Fri, Sep 23
• Jet’s Pizza’s 3rd Annual Charity Golf Outing benefiting The Dream Connection
• Jet’s Pizza’s 3rd Annual Charity Golf Outing benefiting The Dream Connection will begin with a shotgun start at 8:30 a.m., Friday, Sept. 23, at Centennial Golf Course, 101 Centennial Blvd., Oak Ridge. The event features a $20,000 hole-in-one contest. To sign up and for more information, contact Angie Sanders, 865-755-4656.
Sat, Sep 24
• Master Gardener Ron Pearman
Master Gardener Ron Pearman will host a free class on “Fall Lawn Repair,” from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m., Saturday, Sept. 24, at Knox County Public Library Cedar Bluff Branch. For more information, call Janice Gangwer, 865-456-1066.
Fri, Sep 30
• Oak Ridge Recreation and Parks Department will sponsor the 11th annual Memory Magic Scrapbook
Oak Ridge Recreation and Parks Department will sponsor the 11th annual Memory Magic Scrapbook event beginning at 8 a.m., Friday and Saturday, Sept. 30 and Oct. 1. Cost for both days will be $50, $30 for one day. For more information, call Pat Sloan, 865-425-3443.
Wed, Nov 16
• The Strang Senior Center is looking for crafters,
The Strang Senior Center is looking for crafters, bakers and other holiday salespeople who are interested in participating in its annual Holiday Bazaar from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 16. Cost per table is $5. For more information, call Lauren, 865-670-6693.
Fri, Nov 18
• Oak Ridge Civic Ballet Association
• Oak Ridge Civic Ballet Association will hold open auditions for dancers in Knox, Roane, Anderson Counties and surrounding areas to perform in its annual production of “The Nutcracker,” at 10 a.m., for girls ages 6-8, 11 a.m., girls ages 9-10, 2 p.m., girls ages 11 and up and boys not yet ready for partner work, and 3 p.m., for en pointe ballerinas and boys old enough for partner work, Saturday, Aug. 13. Males and en pointe dancers are encouraged to audition. Accepted dancers will perform Friday-Sunday, Nov. 18-20. For more information, e-mail email@example.com or visit orcba.org/audition-information/